The Science and Technology Committee holds its third evidence session on its Commercial and recreational drone use in the UK inquiry on Tuesday 9th July.
Watch it online at Parliament TV.
At 9.30 am
- Gemma Alcock, Founder, SkyBound Rescuer
- Professor David Dunn, International Politics, University of Birmingham
- David Phipps, Chief Executive, British Model Flying Association
At 10.30 am
- Baroness Vere of Norbiton, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Transport, Department for Transport
This is the third and final session of the Committee's inquiry into commercial and recreational drone use in the UK. Themes for the session's first panel include:
• reflecting upon the state of current drone safety education and exploring options and strategies for improving the quality and delivery of this education; and
• addressing ethical concerns—including privacy concerns—that surround the increased availability, and use of, drone technology.
During the second panel, the Committee will question Baroness Vere of Norbiton, Parliamentary Under-Secretary at the Department for Transport. Questioning will cover a range of areas including:
• the current regulatory framework;
• forthcoming regulations;
• risks associated with drones; and
• the opportunities presented by the growing industry.